Friday, July 17, 2009

New Mexico

I am a little behind on posting but I am doing my best to catch up. I shall start with my first road trip of the summer.

On the Road------New Mexico.

I decided to go spend some time with my cousin Dylan and his family before his mission. So off I went to Belen, New Mexico. We ate, slept, watched Psych, talked, went to the zoo, and of course played a vast amount rock band. I had a fantastic time and I loved getting to spend time with Dylan before our two year absence!

Dylan took me to the Albuquerque Zoo. I had not been to a zoo for years and years. I loved it. I felt like a little kid ogling at all the animals. I told every animal hello and I think everyone at the zoo, including Dylan, thought I was a crazy person. I couldn't resist taking pictures so here are the highlights!



We had a little mini birthday party for Dylan since I was not going to be around for his actual birthday.


I am so glad that I got to go to Belen to visit Dylan and the rest of the Detlors. I love that family and will miss Dylan immensely but I will see him again... but not yet, not yet.

Happy Trails...

1 comment:

Aaron Smith said...

I so miss having polar bears at the zoo here. Avyrlie would chat with them for hours right after she checked to see that the crocodiles are still in their cages :)