Wednesday, August 12, 2009

19 Years...

Monday was my 19th birthday. I am almost 2 decades old. I feel so much older than I am and I cannot determine if that is good or bad. I guess time will tell. In all, it was a great birthday. Mom and I went and partied it up the weekend before with Shannon, Zach, Preston, and Mindi. Square Knot was not able to go and we missed him severely but we still managed to have a little bit of fun without him. We went to eat many different delicious places, went to Julie & Julia, Jesterz, Frances, and thrift store shopping. Just an utterly fantastic weekend.

The highlight of my actual birthday were these adorable little owl cupcakes. I decided that my birthday cake this year was going to be an owl. I looked at many different pictures and did a lot of research. I made family and friends vote on what cake they thought I should make. I finally determined that these little guys were the winners. They turned out great. They are also delicious. I felt a bit cannibalistic eating them because I have always wanted to be an owl but I managed to eat a few anyhow. I used oreos for the eyes and ears, M&Ms for the eyes and runs for the noses. I used a wonderful chocolate cake and frosting recipe. If you are looking for a great chocolate cake recipe let me know.
Tasha, Allison, and I
These are all the people that showed up to my house on my birthday night. I do not know half of them but so it goes with single social life.
My good friend Jessica shares a birthday with me so we celebrated together. I love her.


I got some awesome presents. I love every single one. I appreciate and love everyone in my life. I would not survive with out each and every single one.
Great Year... now onto the next... happy trails...

7 comments:

LucyH said...

Happy Birthday! 19 is a great age so live it up! I love, love, love those owl cupcakes. I will have to let the kiddos make some! Did Preston tell you that Mindi and I are due a day apart?!

Sarah B. said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love those cupcakes...you are amazing!

JessWilson said...

Happy Birthday Tessa! The owl cupcakes are darling - and look very, very yummy!

Kenningtons said...

Happy birthday, Tessa!!! I had forgotten what a young pup you are since you seem so much more mature than many your age. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday! Your owl cupcakes looked divine.

Kenningtons said...

Wait...what???!!! Mindi is pregnant??? Do they have a blog? I need them to have a blog....;)

Emily Gordon said...

Um, Jessica looks familiar to me... maybe she is Dena's cousin? I don't know... Happy Birthday!!!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Happy Late Birthday Tessa! Mine is coming up on Sept 29th for the big 32! Loved the cupcakes! I want to make some... might need your help. And what do you do with your paintings? I am in LOVE with that one after this post!