Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thank You!

We had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend! I love Thanksgiving. I have recently come to appreciate football so I dont even mind that being part of the festivities! Go Bronco's! I was in charge of most of the desserts this year. No one will trust me with any part of the food. I dont blame them. I took advantage of this oppertunity to make a recipe that I have been wanting to make for a long time. I made Ginger Mango Butter Cream Cupcakes. They are divine. I also made Ancho Chili Chocolate Cake and Pumpkin Turtle Cheesecake. Imade cake truffles and made a few of them into little turkeys. I would have liked to put more time in them but I ran out of time and energy. I have to admitt that I am not a fan of any of the really traditional Thanksgiving desserts so I did what I wanted. No one really complained.
I have a million and seven things to be grateful for... let me just tell you a few...
My Testimony of Jesus Christ
My Family
My Friends
School
Wood Working
My Talents
A Working Toilet
Pillows
Harry Potter
My new boots that I wear almost everyday
Desmond, my computer
Thrift Stores
Sugar
British Mini Series'
Douglas Adams
Bishop Allen

I hope your Thanksgiving was great as well. Happy Trails...

6 comments:

Allisun said...

Goodness why have traditional desserts when you can make things like those! Haha I love the collage as well, it looks makes everything look so festive

Aaron Smith said...

I ran out of energy just drooling over the photos ;)

Sarah B. said...

OH MY GOSH. Wow...

JessWilson said...

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy! The truffle turkeys look awesome.

Alicia Baker said...

Your desserts were so good!!!

Kenningtons said...

Um...next year you can expect to see me busting through your front door to get me some of that goodness. That dessert feast looks DELICIOUS!!!