Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tree Project

This semester I have been taking an Environmental Biology class. I needed another science and this seemed much better than taking Anatomy or some other class that I would wade the rough water between passing and failing. No No, learning about Global Warming seemed a small price to pay for an easy science class. It has ended up to be one of my favorite classes. For labs we go on field trips around the valley and that is much better than doing experiments in the lab. Our last project of the semester was to teach third graders from a local school about resources we get from the environment. My group was assigned to teach the kids about forests and why they are important and what we can do to protect them. I was thrilled, of course, because of my tree obsession. There were five girls and one guy in our group. Immediately all of us girls thought, "oh great, this guy is going to be no help at all." Much to our surprise though, Ammon our 6th and only male group member is now one of our favorite people. Taking the initiative he created this person sized tree out of fencing material and fabric. He painted it and everything. It is a great tree and the kids loved it. I am still in awe of it. I love its Afro. Our presentation went really well and we all had a good time. I garbed the group with tree shirts because my vast amount and I am pretty proud to say I can do that.



Happy Trails...

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That is probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen!