Monday, April 12, 2010

Flower Power

Arizona has been my home for 18 years. I like living here but it is often very difficult to see the beauty of it, especially when it is hotter than hell, everything is dead, and you get frequent nose bleeds because of how dry it is. Sometimes, in this time of year, it is beautiful. We have had alot of rain this year and because of this the flowers in the desert have been AMAZING. They are rarely this beautiful. We have been doing our best to take advantage of it since we have never seen the flowers this beautiful and possibly never will again. We have been on many rides out in the desert and even went and cooked dutch oven dinner among the flowers last week. It was lovely.
On one of our drives to look at the flowers, Square Knot was too anxious to jump out of the car and get photos that he turned the car off without putting it in park. This causes a bit of an issue when you are on a hill headed towards a huge cliff with me in the backseat. I was powerless to save myself but thankfully Square Knot was able to save me. I told him that he could not count a life saved if he was the one that made it so the life was in need of saving. He disagrees.
Allison, Loren, Wendy, Me, Fabiana, and Jordon chilling on the desert. I think this photo because I feel that our outfits completely encompass our personalities. Allison the tennis ninja, Loren the super stylish one, Wendy the free spirit, and me the nerd. I think it is funny that I am in plaid pants and a button up shirt on the desert.


Loren, Wendy, and Allison are becoming cactus.

I have no explanation of these photos.



I love all of these girls immensely.
What a lovely time we had on the desert. Dads dutch oven cooking was as good as it has ever been.

4 comments:

Allisun said...

Tessa, these pictures are lovely. I am so glad I got the chance to go out into our BeAuTiFuL desert, and eat such delicious dutch oven comeda together! Thanks for being my dear friend.

Shannon said...

What I want to know is why you weren't out there becoming a cactus with the others?

Anonymous said...

aaaaaah memories! these are the ones that i will treasure all throughout the years.

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Too adorable! And you caught the beauty so well!!! When we were in Safford for Easter, I tried to take pics to capture the beauty, but only from the car window as we were leaving Arizona. None turned out like the beautiful scenery it truly was. You are adorable Tessa girl.