Monday, April 12, 2010

Paintings Paintings Everywhere

It has been a crazy month. I have been very busy with school, painting, and my recent Robert Downey Jr. obsession. There was a time, long ago, where I would blog about a painting the second it was done but that time has passed and gone. Here are many of the latest paintings I have done over the last few weeks. I have been selling many originals and I really appreciate all the support I have been getting. China is getting closer and my money raising goals and seeming to be within my reach. I have a facebook fan page that I update frequently. If you are not a fan yet, get on that bizzle! 

A Flock of Birds
I love these little birds. I am very happy that this cute little girl has so many friends with her as she leaves on her journey to new places. I want to travel places by birds. I am sure that would be a lovely way to travel. I just need to find me some bird friends. I will get on that.

Within A Cage
My dad said this one looked 'terrifying'. I am not sure if that's an accurate description but it is a little oppressive. It reminded Zach of the movie Willow. I am not sure I understand this either. I suppose I will let you interpret it as you will. I enjoyed painting it while watching Iron Man (remember that Robert Downey Jr. obsession I was talking about).

Moonscape
I love city scapes. I always want to paint them but they never turn out how I want them to. That little girl has a hard time letting go of things. In this case, she has a little bit of an issue letting go of the moon. I do not blame her, I also love the moon. I have a hard time letting go of things too.
Commissioned Pieces
A lovely friend of mine asked me if I would paint something special for her and this is what we came up with together. She said she wanted something happy. I think this is happy. My favorite part is the umbrella's. I want every single one of those umbrellas in real life. Is that really too much to ask? I think not.

My wonderful momma wanted me to paint this for her to give as a gift. It is very similar to Within A Cage that I did a couple of months ago and have since sold. It is bigger and took more time and patience. I am happy with how it turned out and am not sure that this will ever leave the house. This may end up being a gift for herself.
I did a painting like this about a year ago. A couple wonderful ladies came over and both wanted one so I had to do another so both of these wonderful ladies would be satisfied. I like the second one I did much better than the first. Pages from Lord of the Rings serves as the background.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Tessa, you're paintings are great! I'm looking forward to seeing what you will concoct for me. The 'happy' piece with umbrellas and the piece you did for your mom are two of your best, in my humble and ignorant opinion. Keep up the great work!!!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Beautiful... just beautiful.