Friday, October 1, 2010

Eight Weeks

This last Wednesday marked our eighth week in China. The fact that I have been living here for eight weeks is astonishing to me. To mark this occasion, Wendy and I decide to host a Harry Potter Party. We decorated our apartment like The Great Hall (of China), dressed up, ate dinner, had a sorting and attempted to watch one of the movies. About ten minutes before our guests arrived, I realized that I did not in fact have any of the Harry Potter movies with me so we did our best with You Tube but it was an epic fail. The night was quite the success though. I managed to get my hands on some butter and I made pasta. It was delicious. We also had tons of fruit and our British friend Elaine brought ice cream. Wendy and I dressed up like Fred and George Weasley. Heidi dressed up like a wizard who is trying to dress like a muggle. Alyssa had my favorite costume that consisted of a sheet because she was Dobby of course. The other girls were Belatrix Lestrange and Luna Lovegood. Wendy and I were very excited that our little party was such a success. I am sure that the next eight weeks will be as great as these last weeks were. Wendy and I are planning our 10 week party and all I will say about it is that it is going to be epic. 

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Dear Tessa, Can we have a Harry Potter party when you get back? Love, me

Rosy and Angy said...

Do you enjoy China?^_^

Kenningtons said...

I can't believe you have been there for 8 weeks either!! Where does the time go?? I'll bet when you think back on ALL the amazing things you have done it easily feels like 8 weeks or more. Oh, and I just read Shannon's comment to which I must add, Dear Tessa, when you get back and have your Harry Potty parter (it's even hard to type correctly!!) think of me as you all party it up. I miss the Smiths!! *real tears*