Thursday, September 30, 2010

Three Down

One of my lifetime goals is to visit all seven man made wonders of the world. I am happy to report that I only have 4 more wonders to go. Here is the official list and the sites in red are where I have visited. 

1. TAJ MAHAL (AGRAINDIA)

2. PETRA (JORDAN)

3. MACHU PICCHU (CUZCOPERU)

4. GREAT WALL OF CHINA (CHINA)

5. COLOSSEUM (ROMEITALY)

6. 

CHRIST THE REDEEMER (RIO DE JANEIROBRAZIL)

7.CHICHEN ITZA (YUCATANMEXICO)


The opportunity to get to see The Great Wall of China was one of the reasons I decided to come to China and it did not disappoint in any way. Out of the three man made wonders of the world I have seen, The Great Wall is by far my favorite! Was it because of its beauty? Was it because of its vast length, size and location? Was it because I got to toboggan down from it? Was it because the weather was amazing? I would have to say that it was because of all of those things.  As with many things I have seen in China, it completely blows my mind. I do not understand how it was possibly built. I cannot believe that the wall is over 5,500 miles long. We traveled about 2 hours outside of Bejing to go to a section of the wall that is up in the mountains a bit more. It was beautiful. I stood at one point and could see sections of the wall three mountains away. The whole time we were there, I could not believe what I was seeing. We walked along the wall for a little ways and it was very hard work. I know you are wondering if we really did do Kung Fu on The Great Wall of China and the answer to that quandary is always yes. On the return trip from The Great Wall, we got on an extremely full bus and stood in the isles for the 2 hour ride home. It was worth it to be sure.

Who wants to go with me to my next man made wonder of the world? I am up for any and all of them. 

2 comments:

Allisun said...

I'm down! Shall we venture to the Taj Majal then? Yes! Ok good.

azsmith said...

You know I do, I want Machu Picchu...in April, just forget school and jobs and we'll do it!