Thursday, September 2, 2010

Buddhist Monastery

I know I keep going on and on about the Zhongshan tour we went on but we saw some incredible things and I can only post three pictures at a time so bare with me. Our last stop was at a Buddhist Monastery. This monastery was an incredibly beautiful place. We were all extremely tired and, if given the choice, probably would have decided not to go but I am glad we didnt have a choice. There were Buddhist Monks all over chanting and doing their rituals. They wore traditional orange robes and some of them were bald. The monks reminded me of The Last Air Bender. I am actually reminded of that movie all the time here. There were many extremely ornately decorated things everywhere. This is about the tenth Buddhist monastery/ temple I have been to and this one is by far my favorite. The differences in culture are so fascinating to me. I am so grateful for the opportunity to get to be surrounded by a culture that is so different than mine. 

We started eating dinner at the other school today that is right by my house. It tasted a little like Dutch Oven Chicken and I loved it. I am hoping that dinner is always as good as it was tonight because if that is the case, my Chinese junk food consumption may go down exponentially. 

4 comments:

Shannon said...

It reminded me of the last airbender too!

Aaron Smith said...

I love your prolific posting! I love the dragon sculpture in the first pic! I love Chinese junk food! I love orange! I have no more exclamation points at my disposal, so until next post...

azsmith said...

Aunt Janet and I just read all the blog posts so we are now caught up! Keep it up, we love it!

Anonymous said...

Miss you Tessa! Looks like your having a good time