Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Babies

This week, Wendy and I have been working with the brand new students at Bond English Preschool and Elementary that are two years old. It is definitely babysitting and we have no idea why we are there because the kids never stop crying and we never teach any English possibly because they barely know Mandarin. They are extremely cute though and the smallest improvements seem like gigantic achievements. For example, today, Max (that is not actually his name but he doesn't have an English name so we had to name him something) sang "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" with us today. It was really incredible. He may or may not have cried for the rest of the two hours we were there but he sang for a minute dang it! Also today, Sparky, our favorite and only bus driver, was taking apart the computer to fix it. One little boy pulled up a chair to join him and see what he was doing. Then another little boy pulled up a chair to sit right next to him. Soon, there were four little Asians and Sparky checking out the computer and fixing it. We have a bunch of future engineers on our hands I am afraid. We got pictures of the whole thing. When we showed Sparky the pictures he said, "So many children!" 

My other favorite part of the day was the family pictures that I discovered on the wall. I have love/ hate relationship with these pictures. I love them because they are so funny. I hate them because all the little kids do in go and stare at their parents and say, "Mama! Baba!" I did want to share some of the pictures with you though. They are awesome! I can probably find some of those sweat ear muffs here if anyone is interested in recreating that first photo.

I have been in China 5 weeks today! 

1 comment:

Allisun said...

What lovely little Asian family pictures! I can't believe you've already been there 5 weeks! Wahoo