Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happinesses

This is the list of the top 3 things I miss from America...

1. Family
2. American Food
3. Craft Supplies

With this list in mind, you can imagine the happiness I felt when I found fabric and other items needed for crafting, in Shenzhen Then I experienced even more happiness when I recieved a package from home by way of my friend with pasta sauce packets, pudding packets, and pictures of my family! There was a great deal of happiness going on. The pasta sauce and fabric have already been put to good use. Thank you so much to everyone who made that package possible. I am forever in your debt. I made the headbands in the pictures with the fabric I bought. Zhongshan is feeling more and more like home. I think the craft supplies may be helping with that homey feel. It was so nice to get back to this place after being in a gigantic city for a few days. 

Another ILP group arrived in Zhongshan a few days ago and they live just down the street from us. There are two other groups in Zhongshan as well but they are located much farther away. I am so grateful to be in the group I am in but it will be nice to have some Americans around. We will eat dinner with the other group in Kaiyin everyday. That starts today and we are very excited about the fact that we have choices for dinner in Kaiyin. 

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Those are soooo cute!