Friday, September 3, 2010

Hello Shenzhen

It turns out that in the two days I was in Shenzhen I only got this picture. This picture was taken because I wanted a picture of me dressed up for church because I never look this nice. You may be thinking, "She does not look very nice." That is true, but I look very nice compared to what I usually look like. Humidity does wonders to my hair and when I say wonders, that is not a positive thing. This picture is at a place called "Sea World". We do not know why it is called that but we do know that it has food from all over the world and American places like Pizza Hut, Subway, TCBY, Duncan Doughnuts, Starbucks, and many other places. We went and ate there and it was delicious. Oh how I miss American food. Shenzhen is the third largest city in China and it borders Hong Kong. Awesome 

Also in Shenzhen, we went to a gigantic knockoff mall that is conveniently located at the bus, train, and metro station. We bought our bus ticket home, which was a struggle, and then went shopping for several hours. None of the girls I was with had ever bartered before so I got to show them how it was done. I forget that some of them have never left the U.S. before. I am not very good at it but I did rather well. There were 4 levels full of bags, clothes, shoes, electronics, fabric, jewelry, belts, and basically anything you could think of. I promised myself when I came over here that I would not buy any souvenirs or presents in the first month. I almost made it. I figured that I was close enough to my month mark so I did buy some awesome things. We then caught the bus home and we were so grateful to get to our Chinese Home. It was an excellent first vacation and we all plan on going to Shenzhen again before we leave.  

1 comment:

LucyH said...

I think you look beautiful! Honest!