Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Langston!

Happy Birthday to Langston Hughes!
Not every day is your favorite poets birthday so I feel as if I must acknowledge that, here, where I point out things like that. If he were still alive he would be 108 but he actually died at age 65. I have to say that I may have not read alot of poets in my short but fairly well read day but I do know a good one when I see him (or her) and my buddy Langston was a keeper from the very start. His poetry has truly been a friend to me. It makes me laugh, comforts me, tells me the truth even if I don't want to hear it, and helps me to see how the world really is. If that is not a friend I do not know what is. I appreciate this mans revolutionary spirit and his decisions to try to change things in this country and the lives of people in it through his poetry. He knew who he was and where he came from and I always appreciate that.
Thank you Langston for being my good friend... Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Kenningtons said...

I need to get to know this Langston guy you blog of. I like poetry and short stories because I can close the book and not feel like I HAVE to keep reading to the next chapter. Plus, it's about time I start reading again....I can feel my brain starting to atrophy!!!