Saturday, January 31, 2009

Long Boarding

Let me first just say that I am not coordinated at all. I may be able to put ingredients into a bowl and put paint onto a canvas but when it comes to outdoor or indoor physical activity I have no skills. This may be the reason that Dad told me to wear a helmet when my friends came over and told me that they were going to teach me how to long board. I laughed it off as a joke but quickly figured out that he wasn't at all kidding. I really should wear a helmet if I do more than walk outside to get into my car. I am always up for something new though and it is something that Kami and Stefani love to do so I thought I would give it a try.

This picture is of Kami's car Claudio and her six "babies" as she calls them.

I had a good time and didn't fall once! I have never skated or done anything remotely similar so I thought that I did rather good for my first time. I am looking forward to going again and getting better! I liked this picture of me because I am actually on the board, maybe not too going to fast but on the board.

Here's to trying new things... Happy Trails...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tessas a skater!!! AAAAAAAAAAH!!! i love it!

Chellor said...

I tried long boarding for the first time this last summer and had never skateboarded of any kind either. The only difference between my time and yours? I fell so many times I had to perfect the "Ninja Roll" so that it wouldn't be my first and only time long boarding due to death!