Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Adventures In Cake Making...

As of late I have been experimenting with multi-level, awesome, and delicious cakes! There have been other experiments but this is my latest. This a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing with chocolate icing around it. I would say that as far as taste goes it was good but not fantastic. I love both frosting's and to put them together is a bit of a travesty in my opinion. I think in the future I will just stick the cream cheese frosting. However, I do not think it was too bad since my cousin Dylan had about 8 pieces and both levels of the cake are gone now. Now I am on the search for a fantastic cake recipe that goes very well with chocolate icing but isn't chocolate. So far all the cake recipes I have found have white icing. If any of you know of a recipe please let me know! Actually, if anyone has any good cake recipe at all let me know. I can use all the helpful hints I can get!

I still have a LONG way to go in the land of cake making and decorating but I am having a lot of fun learning as I go...


Square Knot thought it looked like a hat so naturally he put it on his head!
I love how this cake looks from the inside...

Happy Trails...

3 comments:

Chellor said...

Oh how I wish I lived closer to you so I could partake in your crafty betty crocker ness.... that is if you would be so kind as to offer me some. ;)

Aaron Smith said...

Here is where the apparation skills are needed ;) My usual preference is chocolate cake with chocolate layer icing and dark chocolate icing outside, topped with chocolate shavings, but the inside of that really does look cool enough to dissuade me from my usual cravings. I unfortunately am a horrible baker (and apparitionist) so my enjoyment of wonderful cakes is limited to your blog :(

Mindi Smith said...

Of course square knot put it on his head! That is so funny!