Monday, January 26, 2009

Musical Changes...

On March 2nd U2 is coming out with a new album...

Also in March on the 10th Bishop Allen is coming out with a new album...

I am much more excited about the Bishop Allen Album...


...and I had to share.

Four years ago U2 came out with a new album. I had pre-ordered it months in advance, knew every fact there was to know about it, listened to every song on the album about 100 times, and then got to go see them on tour. This time I heard the single from the album at work and recognized it was Bono and then a couple weeks later stumbled my way to the website and saw a new album is coming. I will probably buy the album eventually or at least procure it one way or another but I have to admit I am not awaiting its arrival in the vast musical ocean like I would have been four years ago. This time I am counting the days until the new Bishop Allen album comes out! I point this out because it is one of those subtle but ever important changes that I occasionally see in myself. It is not good or bad... just different. I like to point out to myself that change like this is healthy because I don't always see it as a positive thing, but it is. I am a totally different person than I was four years ago so why would I expect my musical self to have the same tastes?

Here's to life and its little changes... Bring on March Bishop Allen!

-Happy Trails

2 comments:

Shannon said...

All I have to say to that is Grrrrrrrrrr!

Chellor said...

You are right, they are fantastic. I can't wait!