Monday, June 14, 2010

Beads Galore

Welcome my dear friends to my newest creative obsession. I have made around 30 ribbon necklaces thus far and I do not see any signs of stopping any time soon (except for my journey to Asia which will halt most of my creative endeavors for several months). I really love these necklaces. I also love the bead store that I am forced to go to almost weekly because of the vast amount of necklaces I am making. I have no choice. It is unequivocally out of my control.My first experience with Beads Galore was memorable to be sure. It was a year ago and I was with Preston shopping for wedding supplies. At 9 AM in the morning, there was a line of quite a few people waiting for the stop to open. We did feel a bit out of place because we didnt need wheel chairs or oxygen tanks and we did not know how to shop in this crazy place. I have sense learned and re-learned the proper bead store etiquette and procedures and now it is one of my favorite places to visit. It is always an adventure, always overwhelming, and always a good time.

Here are just a few examples of the necklaces. Happy trails everyone!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi..I'm a stranger. I found your blog off of Sarah Bade's and I've been following you (blog-wise, not stalker-wise) for a while now. I just wanted to say that your necklaces brightened up my day! You are a very creative person and I love to see the things you come up with.