Thursday, June 3, 2010

Craft Day

For many weeks, Mindi, Shannon, and I have been planning a Smith Craft Day Extravaganza! I have now moved to mesa so so we decided that last Saturday May 29th would be the day! It was awesome! We crafted all day and ate some delicious food while we were at it. I wish everyday was craft day! Zach says that I am the, "walking craft day" but I dont usually have people to do my crafts with so it was wonderful. Preston, Zach, and Jude were very good sports. We got a great deal done. We did not get as much done as we planned but we had a good time and did accomplish plenty.
We made, what seemed like, hundreds of blocks. I suppose it was only 38 but it took a very long while.
This is a look at the mayhem that was the condo. I brought all of my craft supplies up from home and Mindi brought some of hers too. It was wonderful to have everything we needed right at hand.
I told Mindi about an awesome salad I love from Macaroni Grill and she decided to try and recreate it for craft day. It was amazing. I loved that salad. I dream of that salad. Mmmmmm
This is a photo of what I have now named "Happiness Triffle". The ingredients are crumbled up brownies, peanut butter cups, vanilla pudding with peanut butter and whipped cream in it. Zach's mom told us about it and Shannon and I went from speaking with her to the store immediately to get the ingredients. It was very easy and delicious. It the perfect treat for craft day.

Almost done with all of our blocks.
Jude was even helping mom. What a good little helper he is.
As much as I hate living away from Mom and Dad and the extra ten or twenty degrees that the city asphalt and lower elevation brings, I love to live with Shannon and Zach and near Preston Mindi and Jude. I have the greatest family in the world. The end.

6 comments:

LucyH said...

Fun! I want to do a craft day!!! And that trifle looks to die for. You should post a recipe.

Mindi Smith said...

Awesome documentation of the greatest day of my life...except for the day I married Preston and the day Jude was born, of course. Craft Day Extravaganza 2010 - Episode 1

MKP said...

and the day you met Matt Price:)

Rachel said...

If you ever host another craft day and have an extra chair, I'll bribe my way in with some treats and supplies! Love the blocks!

JessWilson said...

Ohhhhhh how I wish I lived close enough to come to one of your craft days! :) Looks like so much fun!

Sarah B. said...

I am so jealous! How fun. Those blocks are adorable. Can I have the recipe to that delicious dessert??