Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cupcakes Galore!

I have simply had a million reasons to bake lately. If I don't have a reason, I make one up!  Cupcakes are my newest obsession. I recently got the Martha Stewart Cupcake Book! I read it over and over a million times salivating more with every page. I love the idea of cupcakes. I mean really, you get all the goodness of a piece of cake in your very own individually wrapped container. For Christmas, I got some FANTASTIC cupcake decorating tips. I am so happy to have them. I am not quite sure how I am managed baking all this time without them. They enable me to make all the cupcakes I make beautiful. It is all about the tools not the talent.

My Christmas Eve dessert this year were Mint Chocolate Butter Cream Cupcakes pictured in the bottom right corner. I made chocolate mint leaves. They took me several tries, Mindi can attest to this, but I eventually was able to make a few. I will admit that not only were the chocolate mint leaves disgusting but not at all worth the 4 hours I took to make them. So if you ever think, "Those chocolate leaves in that picture really looks beautiful, I want to make those," don't do it! You will regret it.

There are Snickerdoodle Cupcakes in the top right corner. The rest of the cupcakes are all Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate or white chocolate icing.



Don't you worry, I am just getting attacked by my own cupcake.

Want some of my cupcakes? Come visit and I would be happy to share!
Happy Trails...

6 comments:

Sarah B. said...

I am on the next flight...

gouda said...

As of late my 4 eldest and I have had a cupcake obsession as well. Our obsession is finding things to use as a cup cake cup. It began with Ice cream cones. we have now tried a number of edible cups such as Naan bread, waffle cups pizza crust and sweet bread bowls to name a few. One thing we love to do is bake brownies in individual mugs and then put in a heaping scoop of ice cream while it is still hot.

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

I will let you know what time and what day we will be there! It will have to be soon! And then you can make cupcakes and good food and we can have a big party!

Aaron Smith said...

Not so much... I tried using tools and now I just have ugly cupcakes and many bandaids. I'll stick to envying yours and drooling on my keyboard ;)

Mindi Smith said...

I would love another divinidoodle cupcake, or most of all the chocolate with white chocolate frosting! Delicious!

Kenningtons said...

You KNOW I want some of those!!! They look heavenly. Next time I'm in town (if you're not still in China by then....) I will most certainly stop by for a chat and a few dozen cupcakes!