Saturday, January 30, 2010

Head Bands!

When I craft, I often get obsessed with certain types of things (thoughts of the Duck Tape Debacle of freshman year are running through my mind). In the latter part of last year I began making flowers out of fabric. I made slews of headbands. I also made some brooches for those in my acquaintance who think they are too old for such girly accessories. I suppose my time may come where I feel that way but not yet. I gave tons away for gifts. In fact, everyone I like at EAC (all five of them) got a headband that is very similar.

For the headbands on the right, you can use any man-made fabric that has some sort of plastic in it. I used an array of colors but it seems that I only ended up with a black and gray one. I cut circles of varied sizes that fit inside each other. Then comes the fun, you run the edges over a flame. I use a candle. Then all you have to do is thread a bead or a button through the middle of all the toasted circles of fabric. To attach them to a headband or a pin I put hot glue on the flower and the headband or pin and put a little circle of felt on the other side.

For the headbands on the left side, I just cut a circle of any fun cotton fabric. I then, not masterfully, fold the edges into the middle. I used some hot glue to keep all the edges together and stuck a button in the middle. I am positive there are easier ways to do this I just dont know of them.
I love how my hair is a different color in every one of these pictures. I am not even sure what color my hair really is. Hmmmm, it is a mystery! Happy Trails!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I think it's hilarious that your hair looks all those different colors. I thought you were using friends as models. You are soooo talented!

Alicia Baker said...

I love those! I remember you were makng those one time when I came over and I wanted some of my own! I should make some for my nieces.

azsmith said...

I thought you were using different heads, well I guess your hair can be whatever color you want it to be, in photo's anyway!