Monday, December 22, 2008

Black Eyed Susans and Cake!

I have to admitt that any creative ability I may have comes from my mother and father. I remember being little in the kitchen with my dad makeing flowers out of strawberries for garnish on a plate and other crazy things. This last weekend Preston and Mindi surprised Mom with a visit to see the tree and party it up! In celebration (really just because I had an excuse) I made a red velvet cake. This is the cake decorated with mango flowers and blackberries! My dad helped me decorate and we have bigger grander ideas for the next one! It tastes as good as it looks too!


Happy Holidays!!!! Have a wonderful Christmas!!! Happy Trails...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. I'll tell you what, WOW. It tasted good too!

The Blakes said...

Seriously? You could probably create stuff in your sleep! It is so beautiful I would feel guilty eating it (if I had the chance to eat it.) :)