Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cold Death

Yesterday I got the chance to go and see Death Cab For Cutie and Cold War Kids in concert in Tucson! It was a blast! I wish all days could be that great, but I suppose that is why we have brains so we can remember those good days on all the others that aren't so good.
Here are some pictures of the trip...

This is the first stop of the journey GAS CITY (my moms favorite place)... had to take a photo for her!
This is a Cookie Sand which, yeah it is as good as it looks!
Whenever I ask Dylan what he wants to eat he says "Anything that will make me full!" We decided that Claim Jumper may be able to fill him up. This is what he ordered, the Motherload Sandwhich! He ate the entire thing and then remarked "I am almost full" I think that the cookie sandwich did eventually send him over the full mark, he said no to a burger anyway.


This is us (minus Shannon) after the concert! That was Dylan's look the whole time, and Zach's too!
This is the Cold War Kids. A year ago when Preston came home for Christmas I heard one of their songs, Saint John, for the first time and must admit I was instantly in love. They are a great band and amazing live! Their music is meant to be heard live and it is a magical experience when you get to! They are so full of energy it is amazing!
Highlights of their set were...
-Mexican Dogs Opener
-Something Is Not Right With Me (truly beautiful guitar)
-Hospital Beds
-Saint John (the bird noise additions were particularly nice)
-Two Weeks Vacation
-The 50 something man who was dancing crazier and harder than I was!

If any of you ever get to see them....... DO IT! It will change your life, it changed mine!!!!
Death Cab For Cutie...
I love Death Cab and have wanted to go to a show for a long time! I was not disappointed! It was a small venue which was great, and a fabulous show!
Here is the set list...
-The Employment Pages
-Your Heart Is An Empty Room
-The New Year
-Crooked Teeth
-President of What?
-No Sunlight
-Grapevine Fires
-Soul Meets Body
-I Will Possess Your Heart
-Cath...
-The Sound Of Settling
-I Will Follow You Into the Dark
-I Was A Kaleidoscope
-Transatlanticism

Happy Trails...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That was awesome! That's all I have to say about that.

skunkboy said...

I really wanted to see Death Cab when they were touring with Neil Young. I thought it was such a weird ticket... I mean, the legendary Neil Young and Death Cab? I do think it's awesome that a band like that got to meet someone so great.