Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Tree!

For 30 years my parents have cut and decorated their own Christmas Tree. My mother is an amazing Christmas Tree decorator and I have never seen or heard of a Christmas Tree like ours. She gets lights and wraps them around every single branch of the tree, then we get glass balls and cover the entirety of the tree with them, and finally put the tuns of special ornaments we have gathered from our travels and years of living. The tree is a great family tradition that we all love to be apart of.

Yesterday was tree decorating day! Mom put on the lights and dad and I helped with the ornaments. I cant remember a prettier tree, but then again I say that every year! It is a great tree and yes, it is as big as it looks! I am so glad that mom has held true to her roots and done the tree like her dad did it when she was little!
Isn't it gorgeous?


It is officially Christmas time!!!!

Happy Trails....

4 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

That is pretty magical.

Preston Smith said...

remember the year dad and I thought we would help mom out by putting the lights on the tree... lol. Mom was exited when she got home, but some how the next day the lights looked a lot better then the day before. Not a word was spoken, but mom handles the tree decorating from now on...

LucyH said...

I'll always remember that gorgeous tree. So fun that she still follows her tradition!

Aaron Smith said...

That tree is insane! I haven't had that much patience over my cumulative lifetime... I love your pic of the ornaments :)