Monday, December 8, 2008

Smith Family Extravaganza

This last weekend was the annual Smith Family Extravaganza Phoenix Christmas Time Weekend! We all had a fabulous time like we usually do but this year seemed particularly great for some reason. Mom, Dad, and Shannon went up in the mountains to get Christmas Trees and I left after school and met them in Phoenix.

My weekend consisted of:

-Jesterz
-Good food at George and Dragon
-5 dollar gift exchange
-Shopping
-Games
-Christmas lights at the temple
-Crafeteria at Frances
-Shopping Marathon at Target
-Cookies
-Family loveliness

Zach and Preston in front of Michaels with their usual happy faces.

Every year we go to a mall of a shopping center and we all get five dollars. We try to find the most unusual thing we can for 5 dollars and then we exchange them! It is always interesting!
As a part of the 5 dollar gift exchange Zach got a kit to grow your own Venus Fly Trap... just add fly's...
Shannon got this wicked awesome mask... she loved it so much her eyes got really big!
On Sunday I stayed and hung out with Shannon and Zach we made cookies, decorated their Christmas Tree, played games, and went and saw the Christmas Lights at the Temple! It was a great day!
Zach always looks at his cookies this way...



Perhaps the highlight of the weekend for me was the Crafeteria we went to! My favorite little indie boutique in Phoenix was having a Christmas open house Friday night with 30 independent vendors all with handmade stuff. It was fabulous, I could have bought something at every booth and I could have bought everything at Frances too! I appreciate my patient family waiting for me as I walked around and around with my wide eyes and looks of glee. Zach said he wanted to walk around following my family counting how many times people said "This looks like Tessa!"

My happy self in the midst of Crafeteria!

This is Shannon holding up my newest key chain named Nappy, he is a cute Napoleon!


By some miracle this and Nappy was my only purchase. I probably shouldn't have bought this either but it was love and at first sight and there was no going back really, I had to have it!
We all had so much fun this weekend it was great! Prestons improv at Jesterz was hillarious! The only way it could have been better is if Stacy, Doug, and Aunt Janet could have been there with us! We missed them!

Until Later...Happy Trails...

1 comment:

Chellor said...

Hey guess what, I fly into the phoenix airport tomorrow and will be in Mesa till Friday morning. I can't believe I didn't tell you until just now. I'll be out there for work and i know you are busy with school, but if there is any time between tomorrow afternoon and thurs night that you're available I would L.O.V.E. to try and meet up! You can email me imachellorhead@yahoo.com! Then we could exchange digits and so forth.