Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Birthday...

... Langston Hughes!
Another year has come and gone and I love Langston Hughes even more than I did last year. I read some of his poems every night. The more I study literature the more I understand and appreciate him as a writer. He continues to be a comforter, a voice of reason, and a great friend to me. One thing I love about the written word is that what is written goes on long after the author is dead. This is why I have celebrated and continue to celebrate Langston's Birthday every year. He may be dead, but for me, and everyone that reads his poems, he is very much alive. So happy birthday my friend!
This is one of those times where "I AM A NERD" is tattooed across my forehead. Now that I think of it, that tattoo is a permanent fixture on my forehead, and I suppose I would not have it any other way. Happy Trails...