Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Uprooted

What a lovely day it has been today! I love Wednesday's. According to Mr. Orr, my amazing algebra professor, Wednesday is the day of the week where the most people commit suicide. He congratulates us every week on surviving until Thursday. I have never considered surviving an accomplishment. Today, along with surviving, I got alot accomplished. I finished a new painting! For some reason I have been obsessed with umbrellas lately. It may be because I have had to use an umbrella only one time in my entire life. I love this idea. I love that the houses and the umbrella's are the same colors. She is breaking free and leaving what she knows while still taking her roots and bits of home with her.

In other news, I am an auntie! Last week we welcomed an adorable new addition to our family. Mindi and Preston had a beautiful baby boy named Jude Redding. He is the first grandchild in the Smith family. He is the cutest thing in all the world. We met this weekend and I am quite sure that we are going to be great friends. One thing that I guarantee is that this little boy is loved. I cannot wait to watch him learn, grow and become his own person. He is going to be awesome!

Happy Trails...

3 comments:

Kenningtons said...

Gorgeous painting!! Such a precious little chicken nugget that one there. Congrats Mindi and Preston!!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

I was bragging about your paintings to my girlies here at work and they LOVE them! We all agree you are SO talented! We are coming next weekend to celebrate Bralen's birthday (he turns 6 on March 2nd). So we need a party and a cake or cupcakes from you!!! You up to it?

Anonymous said...

TTTTTTTTTEEEEEEESSSSSSSSAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!


i love you.
and Jude is ADORABLE.
{dont spoil him too bad}