Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Do Believe In Fairies!

Hello Everyone! This is my newest addition to the painting world! I painted this after my first ever attempt at oil painting! I am taking an oil painting class at the college. I paint useing acrylics and I am discovering that acrylics and oils are two completely different forms of art. Let me just say that I needed to be back painting with my brushes and my paint! I think that I will eventually learn to love oils but it will take time.

I have wanted to venture into the fantastical world artistically for a while but I do not paint people or creatures so I did not know what to paint. This came to me on a whim and I think that I really like it. The fairies could be much better but they are cute and I will improve the more I do it just like anything! My favorite part is the curly roots (surprise, surprise) Enjoy I Do Believe In Fairies!

Today I was called a "Renaissance Woman" because I paint, I have a big vocabulary, and I am intelligent... hmmmmm, thanks Rob, I think I will choose to take it as a compliment. I also found my sister soul in, Stephanie, a girl who has loved Lord of the Rings her whole life, loves the TV show Lost, thinks the 5 hour Pride and Prejudice is much better than the new one, and we stole shampoo together at a hotel about 8 years ago... so it is fact... we have the same soul...

Heres to days when things go your way, let me put it in my little happy jar for storage when they don't!

Happy Trails...

2 comments:

Preston Smith said...

You astonish me Tessa! keep the paintings coming and the world will be a better place for it!

Shannon said...

I love it, love it, love it! I want it! You get better and better. I think this is my favorite or all of them and I think your fairies are amazing.