Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Perfect Weekend...

This video is mainly for my family who had to endure hours upon hours of Chuck Norris jokes that my brother thinks are hysterically funny... (if they are funny or not I still have not decided) My mom and I saw this shirt and had to get it for him. I took a video of him opening it...




My mom has always loved music and has instilled this love of music in all of her children. She is the most amazing mom on earth and she rarely gets to do what she wants to do but this weekend we got to do something for her! We got to surprise her with a James Taylor concert! He is very nearly her favorite musician and she loved it! A few months ago Dad decided we should go but we all thought that it would be fun to surprise her!

The Plan: I told her I had a band I wanted to go down and see called Vampire Weekend and she agreed to go down to the valley and take me. Saturday we would go to dinner and then Preston said that there was an art gallery downtown that he wanted to show us before me and him would go to the concert. Then we figured she would figure out eventually that we were taking her to the concert, or we would eventually hand her the tickets.

The Execution: The plan went nearly without a hitch we went down to phoenix despite her desperately not wanting to because of the fact we have been gone all summer. We then went to Jesterz, the improv comedy club my brother works at on Friday night. Then we went to dinner and mom dint suspect a thing... she was wondering what was going on at the theater and why there were tuns of people there but she still figured we were going to the art gallery. Only when Preston told her we better get in line and I handed her the tickets did she know there was anything going on! It was awesome! The show was great! James still looks like our good friend Walt Gasson and he just sang and sang! It was a tun of fun and mom is still in shock about how sneaky we are! The only dagger part of this whole thing is dad didn't get to come because he was working! We missed you daddy!

This is the last bite of the most amazing Red Velvet Cake on earth... at least she seems to be enjoying it! I am quite positive that this cake changed my life, I cannot be too sure... it hasn't been long enough yet but I have a feeling my life has been altered forever!

Preston, Zach, and Shannon at dinner... YUMMY...

Mom after the concert...


Besides surprising mom with the concert we did slews of other fun things this weekend. We got to go to my favorite vintage clothing store in phoenix called Frances, and other great shopping... we went to jesterz improv comedy ... ate at pallets for breakfast... and spent some great time with family.

Red Hot Robot...

Stinkweeds

FRANCES!!!!!!!!! This store contains just about everything that excites my creative little mind. It has old dresses, awesome T- Shirts with owls, trees, birds... exc., frames and other crafty goodies, trees full of necklaces, and much much more... yes, for me this is very nearly heaven!

Preston gave me an early birthday present and it is from Frances!!! I am very excited!


It was such a good couple of days... you could definitely say that it was very nearly the perfect weekend... Happy Trails...

1 comment:

Allisun said...

Yay! Sounds Awsomundo!!! I believed you when you said you all were going down to a vampire weekend concert too. I'm glad you had fun. FYI-got the note on corben today tessa :').
Mucho Luv-allison