Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One Tree Hill

This is my newest painting called One Tree Hill. You may be thinking, oh this lovely painting is named after the teenage soap opera TV show... no... I would not stoop to that level of our sad society. It is named after the song by U2 on the Joshua Tree album " I'll see you again when the stars fall from the sky and the moon has turned red over One Tree Hill" I am very happy to get back to painting trees. I love trees... and I feel at home painting them!

I started two art classes this week. They are the first art classes I have ever taken and I am discovering that the college level is a hard place to start. I am excited at the prospect of the challenge though and know that I will improve slews this semester!

Happy Trails...

5 comments:

Karin said...

That's beautiful, sublime. It has so much movement, it seems to be dancing. How nice to be painting. :-)

Aaron Smith said...

I've been looking forward to this since the teaser a couple weeks ago. I love the gradient of the background starting with the earthy orange (my favorite color), and how the orange is tied in again at the top. Very cool overall flow! It keeps my eyes moving over the entire image.

Preston Smith said...

Zelbie! Freaking Awesome once again... Hey, you need to come to this show with me in September. The Street Scene in San Diego. Look it up and check out the line up, or wait for me to post about it... but its a sick line up! Vampire Weekend, Tokyo Police Club, MGMT, Tegan and Sara, Spoon and the list goes on and on!

Shannon said...

The funny thing is that Zach and I were looking at the painting and the title and he said "One tree Hill, after that lousy sitcom," while at the same time I said, "That's such a good U2 song." And then we read your description! HA HA! You are so stinkin talented. I LOVE this one.

Kenningtons said...

Amazing!! What an incredible talent you have for art. I will send you a pic of a tree art I have in my place over here. I also love tree and nature art!