Friday, November 21, 2008

The Memory of Trees



This is my newest painting. It is called The Memory of Trees. I cannot satisfactorily explain the title so I shall not try. I love it. I included some progression photos because I always take them and I never post them so I decided today was the day to do it. The background is Lord of the Rings The Two Towers I should probably branch out and use other books but I don't really want to cut up another book and see no purpose when I have a tree loving amazing book at my fingertips. This painting was really good for me. I sat down and started to almost beat the canvas up. I would just slap color on it and work it into the pages. It felt good and I think it could look alot worse.
Happy Trails...

4 comments:

Preston Smith said...

Beautiful tessa... I love the colors... they all go great together!

Preston Smith said...

what book is glued to the back of the canvas?

Aaron Smith said...

Great texture on your tree! LOTR never gets old ;)

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

It looks great. Nice work.