Saturday, November 1, 2008

See... Swing Away!

Happy Halloween (yesterday)!!! This week we have discovered that we have about a million butterflies on our patio! It has been fun to watch them zoom about all over the patio! I feel like we are in an enchanted garden or something fantastical like that!
Mom and I carved our pumpkins yesterday! We remembered we still had them to carve yesterday at 4:00 in the evening. We got them carved though and they look great! Maybe we should always carve under pressure!
A few years ago dad and I decided that for Halloween we would have an M. Night Shyamalan movie marathon! It was AWESOME and has stuck ever since. Last night was the mark of our 3rd annual M. Night Shyamalan Marathon! The night consisted of Signs, Unbreakable, and of course pumpkin turtle cheesecake.
Dad had the idea to have everyone choose their favorite meal and have it for dinner as our "last meal" just like in signs! So that is what we did we all had our last meal. Dad had sausage and pancakes with maple syrup, I had baked mac and cheese, mom had tomato soup with grilled cheese, and Aunt Janet had poppers! The boys just ate a little bit of all our meals I think that any type of food would be fine for their last meal. We had a tun of food when it was all done, and a tun of dishes!
So the aliens couldn't read our minds....

Pumpkin Turtle Cheesecake mmmmmmmmmmmm... Mom said "This is one of the best things I have ever tasted" AWESOME! I personally think that it is the best looking thing I have ever made. It does taste wonderful and I don't even like pumpkin very much! If any of you want the recipe just let me know and I will get it to you!
I do just have to point out that my father possesses the most remarkable shorts on the face of the earth!

In all the marathon went very well and it was another very successful Halloween! It was so successful that when I woke up this morning none of our car windows were knocked out! YEAH!

Happy Trails.... Happy November!

3 comments:

Parlancheq said...

Pumpkin Turtle Cheesecake - Yum! Could you just express mail me one rather than sending the recipe. ;)

Preston Smith said...

Awesome! last night, mindi and i watched The Village! one of my favorites!I wish i was there for that cake you made... it looks incredible!

Allisun said...

Woohoo!!! Thats awsome! Sorry I never called, I just went home and slept. What a loser I am. But I still have my signs hat from last year! Does this mark me as a nerd? i don't think so. I want that recipe!!! you should email it to me, or I'll just come write it down some time while I get a demo from you