Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Twilight Review...

I feel as if it is time that I give a Twilight review. I choose today to only focus on the movie though. I do not think the world is ready for my Twilight book review I think it was probably blow up on itself and then there would be utter chaos and a rigid search around the galaxy for the ultimate answer to the universe and... I would lose a few friends. Both don't seem like lovely options for a great cloudy day like this one so I will just stick with reviewing the movie, but I do feel confident that one day the world will be ready.

To be honest I went to the movie with rather low expectations. I refused to see it the first weekend it came out because I wanted to avoid all the obsessed Twilight lovers. In retrospect, however, I really wish I would have gone at midnight the night it came out. I love Twilight obsessed people... they make me laugh. I think I would have gotten more entertainment out of every ones reactions than out of the actual movie.

First... I have to say Kudos on whoever chose the music for the film. The music was very good. Usually with a movie like this they have to have new pop music that was just written for the film but they used some good stuff. Lately I have felt that any movie worth anything has Iron and Wine in it and they seemed to have caught on. They happened to use my favorite Muse song that was cool! Daisy and I have grown to love Muse with her system.. they sound great on a nice system. The only negative thing was that I didn't get to see this movie with Allison so I didn't get to see her reaction when Collective Soul came on! I was impressed with the soundtrack!

The movie itself was okay. There were a tun of Corney parts that I expected (I almost fell on the floor laughing when Edward said "hold on spider monkey!") Overall the acting was okay. Bella needs to take a few acting lessons in my opinion. I don't know if any of you remember the first season of 24 but Bella's mom was EVIL and I cannot ever look at her the same again. Bella's dad was awesome though I loved him! It was a decent movie. It was way over my expectations but my expectations were rather low so that isn't too high of a praise. So in a nut shell... I am basically indifferent. Go see it if you want... if you weren't planning on it don't.

The experience, however, was awesome! I didn't go opening night but there were some seriously obsessed people there even last night and that was fun. I love movies and therefore I like to experience them in there fullness. I think there is a magic in a full theatre and contraband snacks that you snuck in in your over sized purse. I love to go to movies with friends and then have a discussion about it afterwards. I don't love Twilight but I can still recognize why people like it and I guess I will admit that from time to time I wish that I were Bella with a tremendously good looking vampire... then I wake up slap myself and go on with my hallucinations about Gondor and Hogwarts!

3 comments:

Emily Gordon said...

I totally agree with your review. I actually went to see the midnight showing of it, but we avoided the long lines and crazy little girls because we ordered our tickets online, and we didn't go to Harikins. We went to a cheaper theater that i had never heard of. It was great! Except, all the stupid people were making me mad. They were screaming and cheering when it started and when they actually started talking. My roommate and i both yelled SHUT UP at all of them. Also, another funny, in the movie somewhere, Edward says, I would never kill you Bella, or something to that effect, and some girl in the theater yelled, KILL ME!!! Everyone laughed. So SHE redeemed herself. Sorry about my little novel here... You Rock!!!

Shannon said...

I couldn't have said it better.

Aaron Smith said...

More and more I am thinking I will have to see just for the social context. Otherwise I will be excluded from most family conversations for the next month (flashback to skipping Harry Potter movies...). I like your take on the movie; fun just to be there! Not sure how long it's been up, but I love the pic at the top of your blog. Just noticed it...