Sunday, March 22, 2009

Acceptance

This semester I have been applying to Universities around the state because I really felt like it was time to move away from Safford and get on with my life. I decided to apply to all three in-state universities just so I didn't close any doors before I made any decisions. I am happy to say that I did get accepted to ASU. This isn't a huge accomplishment or surprise, since by law they have to accept my because of the amount of credits I have from a junior college, but I am glad to at least be accepted somewhere. I am also expecting acceptance letters from NAU and U of A once the transcript sending debacle gets all worked out. So where am I going next semester? No where...It is funny how these type of decisions work out sometimes. One day you can be set on one path and then totally change the next day. For example, a week ago I was basically decided that I was going to go to NAU, up in the mountains in Flagstaff. I never really felt right about that decision though. I knew that I wanted to leave Safford but ASU and NAU did not feel right. So the other night I was laying in bed thinking how scared I was to leave and how unsettled I felt about it and it hit me that I could stay at home for one more semester and finish up my English associate degree and the math I have to take. I immediately felt much better about this decision and talked to my family about it and they all thought it made sense as well. I had not even considered this as an option before because I wanted to get out of here so badly. So I made my choice and prayed about it and through a course of unlikely and surprising events I got my answer. I know that I am suppose to be here at EAC next semester. Part of me may not be happy about it but I feel peace and I know I am doing the right thing. It is just a testimony to me that the Lord knows you and knows what you are suppose to be doing and where you are meant to be. I am so thankful for my savior and for his influence in my life. I know he answers prayers even if they are insignificant ones like where I should go to college. And in less than a year I will venture away from home to wherever I am suppose to go but for now I know I am suppose to be here and that is a great feeling. 

Happy Trails...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

TESSA!!! i'm so glad you finally made a decision lol! it's awesome your staying here though. I mean why go for good if it's not in the cards yet? plus now even if i am in Tucson you will only be 2 hours away instead of five!! win-win! and btw YOU are an AMAZING paintress. and i also love the photo you have in this particular post. it totally captures you. wow. anyways! love you sista!

Sarah B. said...

Congrats, sweetie. I am proud of you!

Allisun said...

WoOt! I'm glad for you..You seem much more at peace. THese are the vibes I am getting via cyber space:) I am also very selfishly glad that we will be in the same location again,! I agree its much easier to chillax with someone when you live in the same world as them. So congradulations on your decision, it will be wonderful I know..MUcho LuV

LucyH said...

It pays to listen to the Lord. I'll be expecting a wedding announcement this next year!

Kenningtons said...

I'm impressed that you so easily made a decision and knew your prayers had been answered! Isn't it nice to KNOW the Lord directs us so we can be the happiest possible in life...even though sometimes it doesn't seem exactly like what we want to be doing at the time?! I'm happy you are staying in Safford a little bit longer....