Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Arizona

This week is my Spring Break! It is very nice to not have any school or work or responsibility for that matter. I was getting the traveling itch, which seems to infect me often, so I went on a road trip for a couple of days. I went from Safford to Phoenix and then up to Flagstaff to visit a friend. I really do enjoy traveling even if it just a couple hours driving somewhere. It was a great trip. I enjoyed the time alone in my car with my copious amounts of music.

These were taken outside of Shannons house in Mesa. I love Arizona Sunsets!

On my drive home from Flagstaff today I couldnt help but notice what a beautiful state I really live in. I think it is astounding that in a couple of hours you can go from frigid, snowy, tree covered landscape to complete and utter desert. Here are some pictures I took on my journey today. Looking at these pictures makes me think that perhaps I live on the wrong end (the treeless part). Both ends, however, are beautiful in their different ways and I really do love this beautiful state I live in.

Happy Trails...

1 comment:

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

I agree with you Tessa. I have actually been grateful for the weather in arizona lately because I know when I go to Missouri next week, I am going to freeze and wish I was back in Yuma! I don't mind that it gets 115 here in the summer. Much rather prefer that to 10! Beautiful sunset pictures. Arizona sunsets are my favorite.

I will think about what kind of painting and colors I want. Not sure, endless possibilities I am sure!