Wednesday, March 11, 2009

House Painting

There is some repetitive behavior that goes in the Smith household when big events are coming up. Projects that have been on the to-do-list for years are suddenly urgently moved up so that they can meet the deadline of the coming event. Shannons wedding reception, that we had at our house, inspired an array of big and little projects that needed to be done for years to be crammed into a 2 month period. So a couple years later, with Prestons big wedding party taking place at our house, it is mad project time again! So frantically we are trying to get the house painted along with mad flower and garden planting, and other things. I guess I know where I get my procrastination from and all I can say is thank heaven for these events every once in a while to give the necessary inspiration to get all the projects we have procrastinated done!


It really does look alot better and it will be wonderful to have it all done. It hasn't been painted in 16 years! My friend Dustin was recruited to help us with the painting. I dont know if you knew what he was getting into but we sure appreciate the help! Thank you Dustin!
Mom wanted me to make sure to take a picture of her on the very high eve. I am now realizing that this isnt the best picture to show how high she was but that is okay, use your imagination (very high).
End of day thoroughly covered in paint!
Happy Trails...

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I know how high that eve is and I'm not surprised that Mom is the one up there. She's the only one with the guts! To all the rest of you, the house looks great!I'm very excited to see it.

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Can't wait to see all the hard work that has been put into this event! Heck, I can't wait to see ya'll!!!!!!!

Kenningtons said...

The house looks amazing! I'm very impressed your mom is up there. YIKES! Congratulations, Preston! I wish I could be there to meet this special lady he is marrying. Thanks for thinking of me and sending an announcement! It really meant a lot to me that I wasn't forgotten all the way over here in no-man's land!