Monday, March 2, 2009

Square Knot Had A Birthday!


Although birthdays are nothing to Square Knot because super heroes like him do not age. Square Knots human persona, Lynn, turned 53 yesterday. It was a great day with lots of festivities. The day began at 12 AM when Dad and I started watching Gettysburg. I only lasted about 30 minutes and Dad ended up watching half of it. Later on after church we had a wonderful dinner and Dad opened (or sat in) his presents. He got a wheel barrow which is great for barrowing and apparently also good for lounging. He also got Jerky, and the new PBS Masterpiece Theatre Jane Austen Collection that included Sense and Sensibility, Persuasion, and Mansfield Park. He also got himself Gettysburg and Gods and Generals. So it was a birthday of contrasts on the movie front. He now has marathon war films and marathon chick flicks. What more could one ask for?

Dylan drew this depiction of Dads super hero self Square Knot and Dad thinks it is an exact likeness. I am not so sure. The hair and muscles throw me off a little. Notice the bike shorts and sandals, those do look familiar.


The excitement for his new the new Jane Austen Movies.

Dad giving Grant and Zach rides in the wheel barrow.
Later in the evening we invited our friends, the Montierths, over for cake and other goodies. Dads favorite kind of cake in orange cake so I made a citrus cake covered in strawberries that has now been named Tropical Explosion. I would highly suggest this recipe it was very good, easy, and people think that you worked very hard when you didn't which is the kind of recipe I like. I also made Candy Bar Cupcakes and Mint Brownies and mom made some fabulous Lemon Squares. Everything was good, looked beautiful and the important thing is that we had plenty for everyone!


Dad asked Grant what he should wish for and Grant said "wish that no one will smash their heads into the cake," and it must have comes true because no ones heads got near the cake, just Zach's feet.

This is everyone that came! Dad apparently was distressed about the absence of party hats and had to improvise by putting a cup on his head.
In all I think it was a successful birthday! Another great year has gone by with my our favorite super hero and now on to another!
Happy Trails...

4 comments:

LucyH said...

Oh, Happy birthday! Makes me miss Safford and your funny dad!

Preston Smith said...

May Square Knot live long and prosper... and may his arch nemesis, slip knot, never best him!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Happy Birthday Lynn!!!! From your favorite Cranium Challengers! Tessa, I love your blog and your creativity... Wow, have you grown up! I want a painting from you!!! Whatever...I love them all, just tell me how much! Will pick it up at Preston's reception May 2nd! (Just got the invitation today.) Keep in touch and don't be a stranger! Tell your fam to check out our blog for our latest updates on Brandon and the fam.

Love all of ya'll!
Tammy and the boys

Kenningtons said...

Happy birthday, Brother Smith!!!

All of the cakes and desserts sounded YUMMY!!! I can't wait to come back to Safford and try some of your tasty treats!