Sunday, March 29, 2009

I believe In Miracles...



After months of research, practice, and preparation Preston and Mindi's wedding came and went, and so did the cake. It feels good to have completed my first ever wedding cake! I ended up making a Ancho Chili Powder Chocolate Cake with a Coconut Butter cream Frosting. I only had one frosting debacle and besides that everything went smoothly. Zach and Shannon were a big help with the creation of the cake as well. Zach was in charge of the structural integrity and engineering of the cake which he was excited about and Shannon was the dish washer slash my hero and ribbon gluer. So a big thank you to them! I am not a great cake decorator but I will get better. The cake tasted really good which is the important part. My favorite part of the cake is the little Mindi and Preston owls that my mom made for the top. They turned out great and go with the cake really well. I am thrilled with how the cake turned out and the whole wedding for that matter. It was a beautiful wedding and a tun of fun. It was great to see a bunch of people I havent seen for a long time! We are all so excited for Preston and Mindi and I am very excited that I have a new sister! Now I need to go back to school so I can have a break!



Arent they adorable?









Yeah!!! We finally cut that bizzle up!


My Dad loves to dance and loves us to dance with him. I used to refuse to dance with him but I have learned that dancing with Dad requires pretty much zero effort on my part. I stand there and dad dances around me. Perfect. That is my kind of dancing.



4 comments:

Aaron Smith said...

Beautiful cake ( I love the colors ) and one of the best videos I've seen in a while :)

Kenningtons said...

The cake looks amazing! I wish I could have been there to try a piece...or 3! The owls really are super cute. At first glance I thought Stacy had made those. Not entirely sure why but they totally reminded me of Stace!

JessWilson said...

Amazing Cake! I loved the colors and the cute little owls your mom made! You are all so talented....right down to your dad's mad dancing skills. Love it! :)

Preston Smith said...

you sexy thing!