Saturday, March 8, 2008

Childhood Relapses


I have to first begin by telling you a little background information. I am the fourth child in my family and am seven years younger than my closest sister. My brother is ten years older than me and my oldest sister is 12 years older. Let us just say that I was raised by adults. I did normal childhood things like playing outside and watching movies but I did it with a big vocabulary and maturity way beyond my age. I have often been much more comfortable around my friends parents than my friends themselves. I have often been very frustrated with the trivial things of my age that I always consider beyond me. However, with all that being said there are times in my life when I have what I call "Childhood Relapses." They arent big major events in my life infact they are often rather enjoyable. They are simply times when I revert back to behavior that is below my level of age and maturity. For example, at age 13 I all of a sudden inexpicably began to procure an obsession with Veggie Tales. For my birthday that year I asked for a giant Bob the Tomato plush pillow and as many veggie tale DVD's that I could get my hands on. The year when most girls are getting makeup and stuff for their hair all I wanted was Veggie Tales. You may ask yourself why did I all of a sudden became obsessed with this very childish television show. I wish I could tell you an answer all I do know is that it was one of my childhood relapses. I am now much older than 13 and still when I went to the store this week to pick out some material for a blanket I am making. I was drawn to what my mother calls "the ugliest fabric in the store" it was blue material with Mater (like TA-Mater without the TA) from the movie Cars. I don't know why I insisted on buying the material with an animated tow truck but I did. I now have a cars blanket and I love it and the only explanation I can muster is that I once again am having a childhood relapse.

2 comments:

The Blakes said...

Imagine my delight when I read your comment on our blog and discovered that you had created one for yourself! It's about time - you are the main source of information about the Smith family for us! And I love the profile picture, what a beautiful girl you are!

The Blakes said...

Me again. Ok-two thoughts. Ty's room is decorated in vintage airplanes if you fancy trying something like that. But really, I'd love one of your tree creations. I decorate in neutrals - beige, sage with red and black accents. But I will love whatever you create and will find a perfect place for it. Don't forget to name your price. If you'd like an apron, I can make you one of those! Email me at raginger@yahoo.com!