Monday, March 3, 2008

My Obsession


My Latest tree painting!

This is my first tree painting so judge it kindly!


I have a love of trees that runs so deep that I think I am very nearly addicted to them! It began when I went on a trip to Scotland with my family. It was November and the trees were all bare with no leaves and I was simply stunned by the character and beauty that resides in these seemingly mundane and useless fixtures of nature. They shed all their leaves in order for them to grow and then eventually become beautiful and covered in leaves again. I think this is why I love them. They are beautiful because they are not perfect, they go through changes. I have now started to direct my creative juices into painting... so as I described above it is no surprise that I when I paint I tend to paint trees because I love them! I call them my whimsical trees. I hope you enjoy them. I hope that one day I can make like a tree and leaf! but that will only be when I can gain enough character and knowledge to be ready for it!




1 comment:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Wow Tessa. I love your paintings. They are beautiful. I love trees too. I love everything that they represent - strength, beauty, renewal and the cyclical nature of life.

When I paint I tend to paint flowers because I love them so much. I think because I love them it is somehow easier to overcome the idea that I can't paint or draw and just do it.

Maybe we could have an art swap. We could make each other a painting or something. I found your blog through Stacy at Two Cold Feet. Maybe she could join in our art swap - maybe we could even try and get some other crafty girls involved. I have come across some blogs where people do little projects like that with a theme and things. I am pretty new to blogging so don't have lots of connections but I am keen if you are.

Cheers
Cathy