Saturday, September 27, 2008

Square Knot Does A Triathlon!


This morning Dad (Square Knot) did a triathlon! He has done some mini triathlons for the last few years but he decided to go hard core this time around and do a larger one. This triathlon consisted of a 650 yard swim, a 15 mile bike ride, a 5K run, and of course a bunch of exercise obsessed weirdo's (no offense I live with some at home... I love them too) He has been very excited about it for the last few weeks and said that he was a bit nervous but he did great! Dylan and I got up to went with him for support! He at least had the most excited support group! He did it all the right way.... last night he loaded up on carbs (and explained in detail why he did this...) I felt like it was a bit of a role reversal. I was on the sidelines cheering on dad, i felt like a proud parent... Oh well, we always knew we were weird. I will be the proud daughter on the sidelines! Someone has to be there at the end to tell the people there was still one person left to come across the finish line... I really should be more motivated by my parents efforts to stay healthy... but I think that only a miracle is going to motivate me to exercise, or Christian Bale... that would do it!

Square Knot did great today... I was and am very very proud! He is now off to work saving lives... Square Knot never rests! He has only one thing to add "I, like David Dunn, the hero in Unbreakable, must be weakened by water, but I find my strength on land!"



The 52 on his leg represents how many hairs he has left... or some would say how old he is...

Me and Dylan at 6:00 in the morning... Doesnt he look like a little kid? Dad just done with his swim...
Beginning the bike...

ALMOST THERE...
A BIG finish!
Happy Trails...

2 comments:

Allisun said...

WWWWOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
GO SQUARE KNOT! YOUR DEDICATION AND SKILL NEVER CEASE TO ASTOUND ME!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

That's really cool.