Thursday, September 25, 2008

Synergy...

I first have to give a shout out to the movie In Good Company for providing me with a great title for my post today. Now I want to give a big shout out to Dylan and Pat for their amazing creative minds and their willingness to fuse their ideas with mine to create greatness. I am a collaborator... I do better when I bounce ideas off of others so i greatly appreciate it when others are willing to keep the ball bouncing and throw them back. Synergy means combined action, so this post is about everyone who helps me out with my creative endeavors!

Dylan is a brilliant drawer, I am not... so... I asked him to help me with a painting of mine that required some detail so he willingly and brilliantly did so. He did a wonderful job and I am almost finished! Thanks Dylan, you are amazing!

Pat is... well, Pat. He is creatively inclined although now that I think about it I have never seen any of his work before. Anyway, he had the idea to make some necklaces because he has been wanting some and homemade things are slews better than bought things. So we went and got some supplies and it turns out that he is really good at this. He is hopeing that the necklaces will help with his chickless situation... I told him not to worry... he can be assured that it will not make it worse in the least. It was fun, I enjoy creating with others...


The round things are old bike parts... BRILLIANT!

Speaking of Synergy... A BIG shout out to my family who are my biggest fans even when I am not my own fan. Dad and Mom are so supportive with helping me out with supplies or giving me ideas, and being positive even when "it is the weirdest thing they have ever seen" (thanks dad...) Dad has also named himself my "project manager" I am not sure what that job entails but I appreciate it anyway. My siblings Stacy, Preston, and Shannon for your constant feedback and compliments. I am pretty sure that you have seen every piece of art I have ever done but you still act excited... I know it is not always easy... THANK YOU.
My last shoutout is to all of you and your support! I love all your positive comments about my art and often it is what keeps me going. Thank you for your synergism...
Happy Trails...

2 comments:

Aaron Smith said...

I'm reluctant to call is synergism (way too exciting a word for me), but we all love the blog. Avyrlie (my 3yr old) loves to pick which house we should live in on your/our 'Urban Chaos' painting.

It's also how I get her to wear jewelry (imagine coercing a 3yr old into playing dress-up...). I show her pix of people she knows wearing it.

She reads everyone's blog often enough (or is read to as she looks) that she gets to know everyone (everyone who has pix online anyway).

I suppose with her in the mix, synergism it is ;)

(one drawback: after seeing pix of you dad, she pesters me to get more colorful clothes)

Allisun said...

This is great Tessa! You are all so creative and brilliant, such a gift or aquired talent? Which ever it is, maybe a mix, its really, truly, cool