Sunday, September 21, 2008

What Do Stars Do Best?



England is a wonderful country, it is the land of Churchill, Harry Potter, and David Beckhams right foot... anyway yesterday we inexplicably and spontaneously had a British movie marathon. It began I suppose with Bridget Jones on TV and then we were all in the mood for British humor so we watched Love Actually.
Then we started catching on to a theme so we gathered all the movies english in nature up and off we went, the english accents arrived around this time as well. We ended up then watching Stardust and finally Fellowship of the Ring! While all this was going on I worked on my seven unfinished paintings I have lying around. I absolutely loved just lying around painting and watching movies. Shannon came down for part of the day and it was lovely to have her here.

Throughout the night I got several phone calls from Preston who was at a music festival in San Diego. He would hold the phone up to the music and for a few minutes I would get to listen to my favorite bands. Some of it was a little hard to make out but I do know that I got to listen to Cold War Kids, and the National. I appreciate the thought Preston and I am insanely jealous! Basically it was a wonderful day and unfortunate my reality doesn't deal with watching British comedies all the time and painting but some days I like to pretend.

Happy Trails Everyone...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's me!!! yay!! lol

Alene said...

Tessa!!! I was so happy to see your comment. I miss you and your family. I hope you are all well. I love your paintings and I have to say, I am not surprised to find you so talented! I'm glad I can keep in touch now :)