Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bond English Preschool and Kindergarten

This is the school that I get to teach at everyday! This particular Kindergarten was built just a couple years ago specifically built for the ILP program. It is the most expensive Kindergarten in Zhongshan so we teach the kids of government officials and other wealthy people. All the Chinese teachers tell us that we have the cutest kids at our school because the more money they have the cuter they are. I am not sure how that is directly correlated but I think that is how many Chinese people see it. Our school is three levels and really nice. It is nicer than any elementary school I have seen in America. We are really lucky to get to teach here. We teach kids ages 2-5 and they are adorable. They are crazy and usually out of control but I am coming to terms with the fact that it is just going to be like that most of the time. It is becoming easier. I am getting better at teaching and keeping them under control. Teaching is one of the hardest things I have ever done. My first week was really difficult and I may or may not have broke down into tears during one of my lessons but this week has been much better. They say that the first month is the hardest so I am hoping that it will get easier and better the more time goes on. There are six teachers and 6 different groups of kids with about 8 kids in each group. We teach six- twenty minute lessons a day. It is exhausting. I do, however, love the kids! Some of my favorites so far and two little twins named Shine and Sam. They are ALWAYS matching and super chubby. They even have matching sheets on their beds at school. Today Sam came up to me and said "Teacha Tesha, I be good for you today." I just love those boys. There is also a little boy named Daniel who is very smart and does everything asked of him. We all are big fans of Daniel. There are many times when the kids will just come up to me and hug my legs or come rest their heads on my shoulder when I am teaching. I am loving getting to know these adorable little people. Right now we are teaching summer school so we wont teach the same kids during the semester. 

The other teachers that will be in our city are coming in a couple weeks and I am excited to hear about their schools and teaching experiences compared to ours.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You are a teaching ninja! Don't worry about breaking down. I do that every week in primary and I only have 9 six year olds.

Anonymous said...

Yay Tessa!!! You're so amazing so i'm not surprized those kids love you! keep it up.