Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pocky's

I was very concerned that I would not be able to get chocolate or snack foods that I would love in China. My worries on this account are now over. Wendy and I made it a goal to try something new every time we go to the grocery store. Lucky for us, Pocky's were the first thing we tried. The best way I can describe them are pretzel like sticks dipped in chocolate. They are not extremely sweet and had to grow on me a bit but I love them now. They have different flavors but the chocolate ones are my favorite. Mango is terrible and strawberry is pretty good. Wendy and I go through a package a day on average although we are trying to making the average amount of days a package of Pocky's lasts higher. I will let you know how that goes. I think you can get them in America. I have seen them in Movie theaters in the past. You should give them a try! 

Today a miracle happened. That miracle was that Sparky got us to our bus stop 2 minutes before the bus arrived to take us home. It was amazing. Usually Sparky gets us to our bus stop 2 minutes after the bus arrives. We are making Sparky a card and a new Michael Jackson CD in gratitude so there may be more days like this one. Anything to help Sparky drive faster. Tomorrow we start Chinese cooking lessons! I am more excited than I can say. Michael (our cook) is teaching us how to make Won Tons and it is going to be awesome! 

2 comments:

JessWilson said...

I'm so glad you found a good treat! I'm loving your blog and reading about your adventures. How fun to learn to make won tons!

Shannon said...

Dear Tessa, How much do I love your posts....a lot. Thanks, Shannon