Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hello Sam & Shine!

The best part about living here in China is that we get to have the coolest job. We get to teach little kindergarten kids English by playing games, doing crafts, and activities with them. It is awesome. It is extremely hard at times but it can also be wonderful. These are some of my favorite kids. It is a little weird because we arrived here three weeks before the semester began so we have been teaching summer school. The kids are are teaching now are not the kids we will teach for the semester. I am just starting to get attached to these little kids and then they will leave next week. The good news is that we have been teaching around 45 kids per day and we will only teach 25 kids when the semester starts. That will be really nice. 

The first little boy is named Haniel. I have no idea who gives them their English names but I sure love this one. He is the happiest little boy and very good. He is in the littlest group but his English is very good for being that little. We all love Haniel. He is going to go to the Kindergarten we work out but he wont be in our program. I hope we get to still see him sometimes. 

The next little boys are my favorite boys. They are twins named Sam and Shine. Sam and the one with his tongue out and Shine is in the back. They are both chubby but Sam is the bigger of the two. Talk about a solid little boy, he has knocked me over a few times. They are hysterically funny and laugh at everything you do. They are ALWAYS matching. They have these outfits that they sometimes where that are  red and blue horizontal stripped baggy capri's with matching stripped muscle shirts. They also have matching bedding on their little beds that they take naps in. That is what the picture is of. It is Garfield Bedding.  Wendy and I have a grateful door that we put things that we are grateful for on everyday. One of the things on our door says, "Sam & Shines Matching Beds (and the people who sleep in them)" I think that pretty much sums it up. We are losing them next week. We found out today that they go to school in Kaiyin so the other ILP group is going to get to teach them. We are all bitter about that. I am sure that we will get some new awesome kids. 

In two days I will have taught for 3 weeks. All the kids call me "Teacha Teesa", or "Teacher Tesha". I love being called teacher. All the Chinese teachers call me Tesha. I have no idea why. They call one of the girls in my group Jess with no problems and my name isnt much different. I think they may genuinely think my name is Tesha. I think it is funny but I never know they are talking to me when they say Tesha. I am getting used to it now. 

I am looking forward to my cooking lesson tomorrow and our four day weekend this weekend! 

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Those kids are soooo cute!

Mindi Smith said...

I want all three of those boys. bring them home!