Monday, August 23, 2010

Rain Rain Come and Stay

I am an Arizona girl. I know all about heat. I have been told my whole life things like, "At least in Arizona it is a dry heat." I have always replied to those statements by rolling my eyes and saying something like, "100 degrees is still 100 degrees dry or not." Well universe, you win. I miss the dry heat. There is a huge difference between a dry 100 degrees and a humid 100 degrees. I am in southern China and it is very hot right now. Instead of having nearly 0% humidity there is around 90% humidity. It is nearly killing me. I am always sweaty and stinky. I am hoping I can get used to it. I figure that I will start to get used to it by the time I leave in December. The good news is that everyday we get a small reprieve from the heat in the form of rain storms. It pours and pours for an hour or so and it is wonderful. I have never been more grateful for rain. 

Wendy and I noticed when we got here that every Chinese woman carries a beautiful umbrella around with her. They use them for the sun and for the rain. We are trying to be Chinese so naturally we purchased a beautiful umbrella to carry around. We love our beautiful matching umbrella's I cannot wait to bring it home where I plan and whipping it out to shade myself from the sun at all times. 

No comments: