Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hello Hong Kong Temple

While in Hong Kong, I got the opportunity to see the temple! I have always loved the Hong Kong temple so it was awesome to get to see it. It is one of my favorite temples because it is so different. It was a breath of fresh air to see the temple in the middle of all the mayhem that is Hong Kong. It is also notable that the temple is one of the only free standing buildings that I saw. It was awesome to see missionaries and evidences of the church. The Hong Kong mission home is right across the street from the temple and is really beautiful as well. After visiting, I think Hong Kong would be a hard place to serve a mission but I am sure that those that serve there love it. More Updates to come...

2 comments:

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

It's so weird to think that you are in China right now! How cool is that that you got to see the temple! Lovin' hearin' about your adventures so far. Will stay posted!

Chellor said...

I felt the exact same way in NYC. So busy and crazy and crowded, then you cross the street and there's the temple! Definitely a breath of fresh air in the bustle of the city. I love that you're having this experience!!!