Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hands Down

Happy Saturday! I am having a lovely lazy day! I wanted to post about the institute dance last night that was SUPER HERO themed! Everyone was suppose to dress up like Super Hero's but only cool people did. I was Rogue from X-Men, Jordon was Dash from the Incredibles with the rest of his Incredible family, Pat was Random Man or Super Abe (abe lincoln), Dylan was sick but was content staying up late reading the new Eragon! It was fun to dress up, I am not a big fan of dances in general but it was short so I survived. I got to use my stage makeup and was the "Hair Artist" of the evening... check out Jordons hair!

You cant see them but Pat has 6 belts on and one around his ankle... he also has about 7 necklaces on... hence the random man name. I made his hair silver with a black stripe... very cool, and well random!
I love to bake and occasionally when I bake I get rather impressed with myself and my baking skills. Well... last night was one of those times. I made chocolate torte that was so good I thought that the possibility of me dying from it was very high. Here are some pictures and I have typed in the recipe incase any of you want to try it. Everytime I would take a bite I would think... life is beautiful, everything is happy... and who doesnt want to have some cake that does that to you?

Triple Chocolate Torte

Ingredients
CAKE
3/4 cup butter or margarine
12 oz bittersweet baking chocolate, corself chopped (semi sweet will work too)
3 tablespoons orange liqeur (you can use any flavor you want, it called for coffee but I used orange... it also works if you dont put any flavor at all)
4 eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
GANACHE and TOPPING
3 tablespoons whipping cream
4 oz white chocolate baking bars, chopped
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan with baking spray with flour, then line bottom of the pan with cooking parchment paper or waxed paper and spray again.
2. In 2-quart saucepan, heat butter and bittersweet chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted. Removie from heat; stir in liqueur. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and salt with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 4 minutes or until pale and thickened. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture until blended. Beat in flour, scraping bowl occasionally, just until blended. Pour into pan.
4. Bake about 30 minutes or until center is set (it is suppose to be doughy so a toothpick wont come out clean). Place pan on cooling rack. With sharp knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool 30 mintues. Carefully removie cake from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
5. In 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream just to boiling. Removie from heat; stir in white chocolate until melted and mixture is smooth. Refigerate until mixture is thick and spreadable.
6. Place cake on serving plate. Spread white chocolate mixture just over top of cake. Melt chocolate chips then put in a small bag and cut off a small corner of the bag; squeeze bad until chocolate in over the cake.
7. Cute into slices with a sharp knife and ENJOY!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow!!! That's all I have to say.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Looks delicious. Looks like the dressing up was lots of fun too.

Kenningtons said...

I think I'm about to die just looking at it! YUMM-O (isn't Rachel Ray the one who says that?)! I can see why everything is beautiful when you take a bite of that delicious dessert!