Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Road Trip...

This last weekend I had a three day weekend because safford decided long ago that the county fair is something to be celebrated and therefore there is no school (and no... Columbus and the discovery of America is not important but the fair most definitely is here). Dustin and I decided that we would take this opportunity to go to Flagstaff to visit Loren and road trip it up. It was simply a lovely weekend. We went to phoenix then up to Flagstaff and it was utterly beautiful. The weather was rather cold and the leaves were becoming beautiful. I was finally united with my jackets and scarves again I have missed them and they didn't seem unhappy to see me. To be honest we didn't do much but the absence of activity was wonderful! We went shopping (sorry Dustin) and went downtown a looked around, we had some yummy hot chocolate, we watched lots of movies, and we played so much rock band that I got blisters... and dominated on the drums! It was lovely to spend a weekend with two of my favorite people in such a beautiful place! We only had one near death experience and what is a road trip without a "almost died" experience?

Look at this beautiful tree!

Dustin and I getting hot coco mmmmmmmm

Loren and I in our winter garb!
Tonight is the Project Runway Finale! Dad and I have not missed an episode this season and we are very excited about tonight's Finale! We have our predictions but I will keep them to myself. It really has been a great season with alot of talent... I would really be fine with any of them winning and yay for the ladies, it is about time for a lady to win! Let me also say that my 52 year old father got me into this show not the other way around that you may assume. This morning I was in the bathroom getting ready and Dad knocked on the door and gave me a rundown of the last episode that I missed and apparently it was a good one! We are excited for tonight! YAY! Months of watching, 15 contestants, only one project runway finale... only one winner!


Happy Trails.... Until Tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was pretty awesome! i will have to remember to get those mural pictures to you. maybe this weekend when i come down you can remind me.

Leah said...

i'm super excited for project runway tonight, but also kind of sad that the season will be over. i love that show!

the mummy cupcakes you made are too cute!!

Preston Smith said...

I must have the leaves to that tree... they will be MINE!! HA HA HA HA HA!

Aaron Smith said...

you'll have to post the winner. my tv viewing is all done vicariously through other people's blogs, but my assures me I am missing out...

Becky said...

Tessa....You forgot to mention Dustin's MOST AWESOME sister that let you stay at her house and play rockband :)....That's ME :) BTW tell your Mom and Dad I said Hi!