Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mummify Me!

Today I got up and it officially felt like fall. It was a bit chilly this morning (yeah okay 75) and it didnt get passed 85 all day! I had soup for lunch and when I got home mom had gotten all of the halloween decorations out! Yep... tis the season for ghosts, gouls, zombies, and yummy things! I cant wait until it is cool enough for me to wear my scarves... they get vastly deglected, i feel bad!
In celebration of it finally being fall we had chilli made by mom and I made some yummy mummy sausages!

Dad cut the cheese in the shape of cats! MMMMMM it was good!
I instantly fell in love with these guys the instant I saw them! They are super easy and great for parties or just a fun family meal! Truely mummifying dont you think?
Yummy Mummy Sausages

1 can Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated flaky dough sheet

Breakfast sized (or any size you want) sausage either pre-cooked or not (just cook them before you are ready to wrap them)

Some kind of Mustard

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or any kind of paper)

2. Roll out 1 can of Pillsburry Crescent Rolls. Cut into thin strips. Get your pre-cooked breakfast sized sausage and wrap your thin strips around sausages like you want them. Then place them on the paper about an inch apart.

3. Bake about 5-10 minutes or until pastry begins to turn brown. Get your mustard and a toothpick and put dots of mustard for the eyes.


This concludes day 2 of BLOGTOBER FEST... happy FALL everyone! Happy Trails...

7 comments:

Allisun said...

WOOHOO! I luv it, let the festivities begin!

LucyH said...

yummy, thanks for the tips!

Shannon said...

Love the new painting. It's definately one of my favorites. Te background is beautiful! I may be trying the mummies this weekend seeing as how I have 2 whole days! Yay!

The Blakes said...

October really is the best. And I can't wait to try out the mummies for myself. Thanks for sharing!

Aaron Smith said...

I knew I was off by a holiday or two cause we make these for Christmas... Chili sounds very tempting! Have to wait till it dip below 60 to sound right up here though ;)

Snap said...

I LOVE the idea of Blogtoberfest. Autumn is my favorite time of year. Carry on!

I'm visiting from Creative Every Day.

Bellgirl said...

Yum, I'm trying those sausages! I've linked to them today in my Blogtoberfest Blog Crawl:http://bellgirl.com.au/2008/10/blogtoberfest-blog-crawl-issue-3-scary.html

Happy Blogtoberfest!